Scream 7: Courteney Cox in Talks to Reprise Gale Weathers Role in Neve Campbell-Led Sequel

Forum 4 weeks ago

Scream 7: Courteney Cox in Talks to Reprise Gale Weathers Role in Neve Campbell-Led Sequel

Courteney Cox is in talks to reprise her role as Gale Weathers in Scream 7.

Per Variety, Cox may return as Gale Weathers in the seventh Scream movie, which is being directed by Kevin Williamson. Williamson previously wrote the scripts for 1996’s Scream, 1997’s Scream 2, and 2011’s Scream 4, while he was a producer on 2000’s Scream 3 and an executive producer on 2022’s Scream and 2023’s Scream VI.

Neve Campbell announced she’d be returning as Sidney Prescott in Scream 7 in an Instagram post shared in March. “Sidney Prescott is coming back!!!!” Campbell said. “It’s always been such a blast and an honor to get to play Sidney in the ‘Scream’ movies. My appreciation for these films and for what they have meant to me, has never waned. I’m very happy and proud to say I’ve been asked, in the most respectful way, to bring Sidney back to the screen and I couldn’t be more thrilled.”

Williamson also wrote on Instagram, “It’s been nearly 30 years since my very first script, Scream, was directed by the legendary Wes Craven. I never would have predicted what it would become. Or that I would be directing the seventh installment of the franchise. I am overcome with gratitude and excitement, and I can’t wait to take this journey with Neve and the entire Scream family as we bring back Sidney Prescott in the next chapter of the Scream franchise.”

Plot details for Scream 7 remain under wraps at this time.

The road to Scream 7 has been controversial

The news comes after Spyglass Media Group fired Melissa Barrera from the franchise for speaking out against the Israel-Hamas War. Shortly after that, Jenna Ortega also dropped out of Scream 7 before Christopher Landon announced he’d no longer be directing the film in December 2023.

“It was a dream job that turned into a nightmare,” Landon said on X at the time. “And my heart did break for everyone involved. Everyone. But it’s time to move on. I have nothing more to add to the conversation other than I hope Wes’ legacy thrives and lifts above the din of a divided world. What he and Kevin created is something amazing, and I was honored to have even the briefest moment basking in their glow.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 3 days ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie
Forum | 5 days ago

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie

Scream 5 & 6 Directors Explain Their Departure From the Horror Franchise
Forum | 1 week ago

Scream 5 & 6 Directors Explain Their Departure From the Horror Franchise